What is Mesotherapy?
The medical method used to treat diseases caused by the area called mesoderm by injecting pharmacological and herbal medicines into certain parts of the body is called mesotherapy. This treatment method, which emerged in France, made major progress and is widely used today in the treatment of many diseases. The main working principle of mesotherapy is to make the procedure much faster and more effective by injecting the drugs as close as possible to the place of disease.
What Does Mesotherapy Do?
- Thanks to mesotherapy, the patients are treated with a much lower dose of drugs taken by mouth or vein. As the drugs are injected directly into the middle layer of the skin where the disease is located, the effect of the drug reaches the relevant area immediately.
- As with other methods, the drug does not break down in the liver. Therefore, it does not have any side effects on the other parts of the body.
- It is possible to be treated with fewer sessions through mesotherapy applied by reliable hands with the right drugs.
- It is very important to determine the place where mesotherapy should be applied. After the cause of the disease has been determined, healing is achieved with a much lower dose of drugs through the treatment applied to the right place. Therefore, it is necessary to get support from a specialist and experienced surgeon.
In Which Treatments is Mesotherapy Used?
Mesotherapy, which is becoming more and more popular day by day throughout the world, is frequently used for the treatment of many diseases. The main areas where this treatment method revealing speedy and effective results are as follows:
- Acute and chronic pain control
- Hair diseases
- Acne treatment
- Rheumatic diseases
- Sports injuries and disablements
- Adipose tissue diseases
- Vascular diseases
- Some gynaecological, urological and neurological diseases
- Conditions related to the stomach and intestinal system
Mesotherapy in Blemish Treatment
Skin blemishes, one of the treatments where mesotherapy is mostly used, is a severe problem for both men and women. The cause of the skin blemish should be determined before mesotherapy so that personalised treatment is applied. The necessary drugs are prepared according to the type and rate of the defect and the prepared mixture is delivered under the blemished skin with the help of a fine-tip mesotherapy needle. The treatment takes place under local anaesthesia. No pain is felt during the session which lasts for 15 minutes on average. Sessions take place every ten days. Depending on the degree of the blemish, 4 to 6 sessions take place.
Mesotherapy is also applied to stop hair loss and restore the lost vitality of the hair. First of all, the cause of hair loss should be determined and the drug should be prepared accordingly. In general, mesotherapy treatment is often preferred in the following situations.
- After pregnancy
- Genetic hair losses
The drug, which is prepared specifically for the person, is injected under the scalp. No pain is felt during the injection process with microneedles.
During mesotherapy, also called mesolifting, mixtures such as vitamins, antioxidants, and hyaluronic acid are injected into the deeper parts of the skin. Thus, the production of collagen and elastin in the skin is increased, and the skin is revitalised. Skin mesotherapy is especially preferred to remove prolapses and wrinkles in the face, neck and low-neck site. The number of sessions lasting half an hour on average varies depending on the condition of the problematic area.
Local Slimming with Body Mesotherapy
Body mesotherapy is often used, especially for local slimming. The prepared drug is injected under the skin in the problematic area. Thanks to the drug, the circulation is regulated, and the lymphatic system refreshes. Thus, the fat metabolism within the cell is accelerated, the number of cells decreases and the released fatty acids are excreted from the body through circulation. The number or frequency of sessions, which last for about half an hour, varies depending on the severity of the problem. Mesotherapy is also an effective method used in the treatment of cellulite. After the intervention, the patient can return to his/her normal life immediately. However, during this process, the patient should avoid solarium or sunbath. After the sensitivity and redness in the skin are recovered, the person no longer needs to stay away from the sun. No pain is felt.
What is the Price of Mesotherapy?
It is against the law in Turkey for the healthcare organisations including private practices to indicate prices online for interventions, treatments or consultations. Please contact us by calling or texting 📱+90 541 334 3484 (WhatsApp available) or ☏ +90 212 257 1515 for the cost of the intervention or any other enquiries related to the intervention.
Mesotherapy Frequently Asked Questions
For whom mesotherapy procedure is not applied?
Mesotherapy is not applied to pregnant women, paralysed patients, persons with diabetes, persons with blood clotting problems and patients with heart problems who use multiple medications.
Are there any side effects of mesotherapy intervention?
In rare cases, there may be ecchymosis or bruises on the region where the mesotherapy needle is applied; but these are temporary situations as mesotherapy products do not interfere with the systemic circulation.
What should be considered before and after mesotherapy?
Particular attention should be paid to the consumption of two litres of water a day together with mesotherapy. In addition;
● You should walk for one hour per day,
● You must not smoke or consume alcohol,
● You should avoid salt, coffee, tea or fatty food consumption,
● You should pay attention to sleep patterns,
● You should pay attention to prevent constipation,
● You should not enter in stressed out situations.
Intervals of mesotherapy applications should be at least five days to one week.