What is Hand Aesthetics?
Our hands are among the most worn-out areas whereas the first signs of aging in our body are observed. The formation of excess skin, wrinkles and various stains are the most important problems of hand aesthetics. In the light of this information, surgical procedures performed by plastic surgeons are called hand aesthetics to eliminate signs of aging, such as freckles, wrinkles, spots and veins arising due to melting fat tissues in the hand area of the body. These procedures are frequently preferred by people of middle age and above.
It is possible that the hands that give an aged look to the body due to wear may have a much younger and fresher appearance. Today, laser, filling injection or medical aesthetic interventions used in the face and body are also started to be used for hands. Still, surgical hand aesthetics is needed to restore the beauty lost by worn hands. In particular, two surgical methods are applied to accomplish a youthful look.
How is Hand Aesthetics Performed?
1. Hand Aesthetics with Fat Injection
The method applied by injecting fat taken from the person’s own body (donor area) into the hands is called fat injection or fat transfer. The fat transfer process, which is very popular to eliminate the signs of wear and aging on hand, attracts especially the attention of women for the aesthetic appearance. After the fat transfer, the back part of the hand gains volume with the positive effect created by the vibrant stem cells, and soft tissue repair begins, and the tissues are renewed. Also, with the regeneration in the tissues, a brightening in the colour of the skin surface occurs. While the appearance of the veins becomes less evident, a much more vivid and fresh impression is gained.
How is Fat Injection Applied to Hands?
- In fat injection interventions, body fat is taken from any place where there is regional fat deposition.
- This fat taken is first enriched with stem cells.
- It is then injected into the lower tissue of the skin on the back of the hand. An average of 12 to 15 ml of fat is injected for each hand.
- Fat injection, which gives soft and aesthetic fullness to worn hands, is performed under local anaesthesia.
- The fat transfer process is completed in half an hour on average.
Usually, desired results are obtained in a single session with this intervention. Even if edema occurs, the hands get a healthy appearance after 3 to 5 days. Although it is sometimes necessary to wrap the hands after the intervention, there is no drawback in the use of the hands. The patient can return to normal life the day after the procedure.
What are the Advantages?
- Since it is a permanent intervention, it does not need to be repeated.
- Successful results are always obtained in hands with excessive aging.
- All procedures are completed in a short time of half an hour.
- It is a painless hand aesthetic method.
- Hands can be used immediately after the intervention.
- Fat transfer can be applied to the entire back of the hand, from the fingertips to the wrist.
- A successful result is achieved with a single session.
- Patients can return to their normal life one day after hand aesthetic.
- Since the procedure is also a cell-regenerating procedure, it has a healing and restorative effect.
- It provides rejuvenation by moisturising the skin.
- The appearance of the hands becomes much younger as the quality of the tissues improves.
- It provides the removal of freckles and spots.
2. Hand Aesthetics with Fillers (Filling Application)
The method of applying the filling agents containing collagen hyaluronic acid, which is also used in facial aesthetics, is called filling application. This method is a procedure referred to give a much fresher look to the hands that look worn and aged, which uses fillers containing hyaluronic acid and moisturises the hands internally. Thus, it is ensured that the hands are refreshed and restored. This technique is applied at variable intervals depending on the current condition of the hands and the level of wear.
How is Filling Application Performed on Hands?
- Local anaesthetic creams are used while the filling procedure is performed.
- Each session takes half an hour on average. Generally, at least two sessions are performed.
- The patient can return to daily life immediately after the session.
Other Hand Aesthetic Interventions
Hand Lifting; This method is preferred when there is excessive loss of elasticity on hand skin. It is performed by lifting the skin from the top of the wrist, over the fingers and the outer edge of the top of the hand. This method is a surgical method and it is the least preferred hand aesthetic method since there might be scars. Reducing the Veins: It is the method of laser, sclerotherapy or surgical removal of the veins on the hand.
Chemical Peeling, Laser Resurfacing, Dermabrasion: In all these three methods, the skin is renewed after the procedure, the support tissues under the skin are increased and the hand is rejuvenated.
Hand Aesthetics Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of hand aesthetic procedures?
It is against the law in Turkey for the healthcare organisations including private practices to indicate prices online for procedures, treatments or consultations. Please contact us by calling or texting ?+90 541 334 3484 (WhatsApp available) or ☏ +90 212 257 1515 for the average cost of the procedure or any other enquiries related to the procedure. You need to send some photos to the Patient Care Coordinator to be examined by Professor Yazar to get the exact all-inclusive price.